ICAutoC 2016 is the first international conference on automotive composites that aims to bring together and to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners. It will be a forum for engineers and applied scientists engaged in composite materials within automotive vehicles to contribute to the field and to disseminate technical information.
ICAutoC 2016 focuses on advanced composites (FRPs, reinforced thermoplastics, carbon-based composites and many others) and how they are designed, processed and utilized in automotive vehicles. It will include technical sessions on advanced composites in vehicle design/analysis and intends to cover all phases of composites design, analysis, modelling, testing, manufacturing and failure analysis. It is also expected to shed light on the performance of existing composites and future developments in automotive materials technology. The term, 'automotive', includes passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, vans, trucks, buses and recreational vehicles.
The topics covered by the conference include (but are not limited to):
- Technology developments and applications
- Innovative materials, smart composites
- Repair, recycling and promising process technologies
- Morphing and dynamics
- New lightweight composites for safer, energy-efficient and greener vehicles
- Challenges regarding safety and comfort
- Crashworthiness and failure analysis
- Hybrid composites for structural applications
- Polymer, metal, ceramic matrix and graphene-based composites
- Composites manufacturing processes within vehicle components
- Design and modelling methodologies
- Durability of automotive components
- Simulations of composites behaviour; experimental methods
- Thermal problems in composite structures
- Advanced solutions for processing and automation
Selected papers will also be considered for publication in special journal issues of the International Journal of Automotive Composites.